Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Clean Eaing Cauliflower "Bread" Sticks


My favorite type of food is Italian and there has never been a bread stick that I've met, that I haven't liked. BUT, all of that cheese and bread is definitely not friendly to my jean size. I love to indulge in the goods but I like to keep myself in check too. With this in mind, I have decided to try a clean eating spin on a "bread sticks" to make it better on your body but will still satisfy my cravings!

Ingredients:

  • 1 large head of cauliflower
  • 1/4 cup of egg whites
  • 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese (1/4 cup extra to sprinkle on top if you desire)
  • 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp of garlic powder
  • Optional: Marinara sauce for dipping
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse cauliflower, chop into florets, and process florets in food processor until "rice" texture.
  2. Place in an oven proof baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. You want to cook the cauliflower to help dry it out. Let the cauliflower cool until you can touch (approx 15-20 minutes).
  3. Use kitchen towel to ring out excess water in cauliflower.
  4. Increase oven temp to 450.
  5. Mix cauliflower and other ingredients in a small bowl.
  6. Transfer cauliflower mixture onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper (I LOVE parchment paper!) and flatten it into a rectangle with your hands.
  7. Bake for 18 minutes, remove from oven, and top with cheese (if you want) for approx 5 more minutes. Cut into individual breadsticks.
  8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment