Tuesday, August 5, 2014

PiYo Week 6 Progress and Magnesium Deficiency


So many exciting things have happened in this last week! I am 3/4 of the way done with the regular PiYo schedule and I am on track to feeling better with my drastic diet change, but it has been more difficult than easy. I had no idea what I was in for, lol. Let's just say I think this will be more of a gradual change than an abrupt one like we wanted. It's hard to cut yourself off of things cold turkey! So here is what this week's PiYo schedule looked like!

Monday: Drench
Tuesday: Core
Wednesday: Buns
Thursday: Sculpt
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Drench
Sunday: Sweat

I did add a little LMP (see below) one day, I was cleared by my orthopedist to life and do a little more intense exercise. Turns out that I have some pretty intense tendonitis in the quad of my bad knee so off to physical therapy I go, but I am SUPER thankful it doesn't call for surgery or resting. He told me to "listen to my body".  Obviously I need to learn to listen better.
And now the update on how the Anti-Candida diet is going. Um how is HARD? I mean, I know I have to do it or I might as well just use my money to pick up the dog crap on the street, but I am going to need a much gentler transition to this diet. I have been doing a ton of research and it turns out sugar and yeast are in..well..everything. So I am allowing myself 2-3 cheat meals (from the Anti-Candida diet, not clean eating:)) a week for the first month while I ease into it and then to the strict 1 meal per week. I definitely can tell a difference when I do cheat though, the bloat and the headache are horrible. Giving myself the injections for immunotherapy is no where near as bad as I expected though. Now that we have a game plan for that, we are moving on to my inability to absorb minerals..the first being MAGNESIUM!

Did you know that millions suffer from magnesium deficiency and have no idea? It is so hard to diagnose, my doctor is using the intramuscular magnesium loading test. So basically (sorry this may be TMI) he knows I am deficient because I have every symptom, he is just doing the test to see how deficient I am. I had to collect my urine (what a process and has literally taken over two days) and they are measuring what my levels are before the shots of magnesium (in my lower back, not my fave part of this summer by any means) were administered and then compare that number to what they are after the shots. If there is magnesium in the after urine, it means my body is absorbing it on it's own, but if it doesn't, that means my body is absorbing it like a sponge because it's deficient. Sounds easy enough, right? I am super pumped about this portion because apparently magnesium deficiency is what causes insomnia, NECK pain, headaches, IBS, and RLS. All crap that I've been dealing with for YEARS. I HIGHLY recommend finding a physician who is willing to look into this if you are feeling the same way.

OH and I tried to make a new recipe for all of you. Gluten free lemon zucchini bread. It obviously didn't work out, but stay tuned!

Lastly, I have a new physical goal I have set for myself and the deadline is December 25, 2014. This is the goal:

 (obviously not me)

SOOO in two weeks I am going to start working on this by doing 2/days with replacing one meal a day with Shakeology, Body Beast (lean) and PiYo (strength schedule). I totally need my fit fam's help with this! I need 5 ladies who are looking to get healthy (you don't have to want to lose any weight!) to join me and help hold me accountable while I hold you accountable too! Fill out the application below to join this journey with me! I will contact you in 24-48 hours!



Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment