Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Clean Eating Homemade Salsa



Since I've started my anti-candida diet, I have had to really cut back (basically eliminate) sugar. And guess what most salsas are full of...SUGAR! I love a good tasty, Mexican dish as much as the next person so I decided to buck up and make my own! And it was TASTY! I did miss the sweetness of pre-made salsas, but obviously that would be missing with the lack of sugar:) #thankgodforfoodprocessors


Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Paleo Friendly Salsa

Ingredients:
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 Jalepeno
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 onion
- 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic

Directions:
1. Cut tomatoes in half
2. Heat up 1/4 cup of water in skillet, add tomatoes
3. Let tomatoes simmer for 3 minutes, then flip on to other side for 3 minutes
4. Pull off flaking skin (if any) from tomato and add to food processor
5. Dice up onion and garlic
6. Sautee garlic and onion in oil in skillet for 4-5 minutes
7.  Add garlic, onion, and all additional ingredients to food processor and pulse slightly
8. Store in air tight container, should last about 2 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment