Saturday, July 12, 2014

PiYo: Week 3 Progress and PiYo Clean Eating Meal Plan


PiYo Week 3 and Life's Blessings



 This week has been huge for me in may ways. I have completed week 3 of PiYo, completed the 3 day refresh, and found Jesus. Nope, you read that right. I found him. I know you're here to read about my PiYo progress so I will start there first. Here is what week 3 PiYo schedule looks like:

Monday: Define Upper Body
Tuesday: Buns
Wednesday: Core
Thursday: Define Lower Body
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Sweat
Sunday: Strength Intervals

This week has definitely been upped in the area of intensity and caloric burn. I am feeling stronger and definitely starting to notice my flexibility increase. My balance is improving, but still has a lot of room for improvement. I also added LMP: Pump Revolution on Monday and Pump and Shred on Wednesday and Friday.
Shaun T joined us on Saturday with a little Beta Core Cardio. I am definitely sore though!



I found it totally appropriate to represent my girl and fellow coach, Katy, as she continues to punch cancer in the face. She is most definitely one of my role models, her strength and her drive are admirable to say the least. She is the definition of a strong woman and a true fighter.
I have noticed that my hips have started opening up a lot more too. I am able to reach my leg higher on my standing split and go deeper into my lower lunge. Finally stretching those hip flexors out (which we never stretch, EVER! but we need to..especially you runners!) SO, this week I started off with the 3 day refresh, click here to read about my experience and see my results and then have been following the PiYo meal plan pretty well. Here is what we looked like for meals! Again, listed above is the schedule straight from the program, but I move my rest day to Sunday because it best fits my schedule.





So now you might have stuck around to hear about my literal "come to Jesus" moment. For many years, I haven't believed in anything. Nothing. I didn't know anything, didn't seem real, and it didn't seem worth it. My dad became very ill with cancer and I began to felt as if I had no where to turn. Most people would think that would be my come to Jesus moment, but it wasn't. And then on December 16, 2013, my dad passed away. Still, no come to Jesus moment. July 11, 2014..it finally happened. For so long I felt that there was a void I was missing other than my dad, something I knew I needed. I needed to know that he was okay and that I would see him again. Then yesterday, I was all HANGRY (you know what I mean), lost trying to find something, flustered with traffic, and literally about ready to lose it when I pulled into a parking lot. I sat quietly and spoke to God. I didn't ask for nice things or to have him grant me three wishes, I asked him for the strength and peace to get me OUT of the world's most awful parking lot and home safely. And you will never believe what happened. I was (patiently as I could) waiting my turn in line to turn left, and someone let me out. This never happens. It really instilled the faith in me that there is a higher power, we are put into each other's lives for a reason, and the man upstairs has a bigger plan. I know everyone has their own beliefs so I won't go on too much, but I found that moment too amazing not to share. Be grateful of your every day blessings and show gratitude where it's deserved, am I right?!

Continue to follow me on my fitness journey, next week I will wrap up the first half of PiYo (crazzzyyyyy)! I am also hosting a 30 day refresh and revive in July challenge group. I know plenty of people do their own fitness but I want to help you get your health and nutrition back on track this time. Please fill out the application below and I will get back to you in 24-48 hours. There are 7 spots available so don't wait! Have an awesome week everyone!




Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment