Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Is Flexibility Important?


Who skips the stretch before and/or after their workout? I used to ALWAYS skip the stretch after and let me tell you it was a BAD choice. I always had muscle stiffness and overall just feeling achy after working out, I always thought it was contributed to the stress I was putting on my joints during exercise, but from what I have learned, it's from not stretching out those muscles!

What is flexibility?
Flexibility is the range of motion in a joint or group of joints, or, the ability to move joints effectively. Flexibility is related to muscle strength...strong muscles=flexible muscles!!

So did you know that..

Flexibility Helps To:

1. Prevent everyday injury including: muscle and disc strains that occur when turning over in bed or getting out of bed; shoulder tweaks that result from doing tasks on the job that involve lifting or reaching; back aches due to transitioning to standing from sitting, bending down to pick something up, or even walking up and down the stairs

2. Improve your posture

3. Lengthen your muscles for a longer leaner look

4. Make playing with your kids and babies easier and less injurious (remember that touch football game during which you overstretched you hamstrings?)

5. Allow you to feel more free, open, calm, content, and confident from the inside out

6. Spread prana (life force) into your cells, which invigorates your spirit

7. Make cardio activity a lot lighter and easier

8. Enhance sports performance (i.e. better arm and shoulder extension and rotation for swimmers and basketball players, longer strides for runners, deeper knee bends and hip flexion for skiers) as well as to parry blows that come with strong athletic endeavors

9. Travel more comfortably because of the ability to sit in many different positions and do things with your body in confined spaces you otherwise could not do

10. Increase sex life!!

How do we become more flexible?

STRETCHING! I am sure you figured that out by now though. But some good exercises that can improve your flexibility include: Yoga, Pilates, PiYo, simple stretching. I have learned that you want to stretch until you're comfortably uncomfortable. You have to push past the uncomfortableness to increase your flexibility. This is just like running, you have to keep running when you're tired or want to quit so you can build endurance and go faster.

Here's the good news! I want to help you INCREASE your flexibility! Fill out the application below to receive a FREE 1:1 consultation with me! I will contact you in 24-48 hours! I look forward to hearing from each and everyone of you!


Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment