Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Easy, Gluten Free, Black Bean Brownies

Say whaaat? I had a HANKERING for some real chocolate today and I wanted either cake or brownies. I try to stay gluten free (because it legitimately makes me feel better) so I did some research and decided to make Black Bean Brownies. I know it sounded weird to me too at first..beans? In my dessert? But I'll try anything (almost anything) once, so I gave this a try and IT WAS SOOOO GOOOD!! I am so excited to share the recipe with you, this is definitely going to be a staple and one day when I grow up and am domesticated and go to parties, I will bring these bean brownies with me. But for now I will just share the recipe with you:)



Black Bean Brownies
Serves: 8
Serving Size: 1 Brownie

Ingredients:

  • 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • ¼ cup chocolate chips 
  • 3 Tbsp. canola oil
  • 3 eggs
  • ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
  • ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • ½ tsp. baking powder
  • ⅛ tsp. salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 baking pan with Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil) cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, combine the beans, chocolate chips and oil. Blend until combined. Add the eggs, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, baking powder and salt; cover and process until smooth.
3. Transfer mixture to greased baking pan.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let brownies cool. Cut into bars and enjoy!!




This recipe has been officially marked "Lick the Spoon Good".

No comments:

Post a Comment