Monday, March 24, 2014

Clean Crockpot Mexican Chicken


Crockpots are a blessing to me because I am definitely not a great multi-tasker in the kitchen. Things tend to burn and smoke and it's not good for anyone involved with the meal. Crockpots allow me to throw everything in and forget about it until my phone alarm goes off! Amazing! I was craving Mexican and this meal is CLEAN and hit the spot! Just watch your portion sizes:)

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of corn kernels
1 cup of organic black beans
Cumin Powder to taste
Chili powder to taste
1 small jar of salsa (15 oz)
1 cup of steamed organic, brown rice

Directions:
Put chicken, corn, beans, salsa, and spices in crockpot. Cook on low for 8-9 hours (depends on crockpot). You want the chicken to be done but not mushy!

Serve over a bed of 1/4 cup of cooked brown rice

Serves 4

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment