Thursday, March 6, 2014

Adventures in Oil Pulling: Part 1

Oil Pulling: Put a TBSP of coconut oil (seasame seed oil, etc.) in your mouth and swish it around for 15-20 minutes daily for optimal results. Spit out the oil, rinse your mouth, and brush teeth immediately after the pulling.

What results are possible? This is what the internet says:

1. Better gum and tooth health
2. Give yourself better breath
3. Kill the BAD bacteria in your mouth

So there are good bacteria and bad bacteria and we want to kill the bad and keep the good. Well if you use an antibiotic, you're going to kill both, and we definitely don't want that! It is also said that this old Indian home remedy is said to kill the bacteria known for short as "strep". I've never had a problem with strep throat, but like my dad, it doesn't matter how many times a day I brush and floss, I always have plaque build up at the dentist.

I have a dentist appointment in two weeks and it is always not great and they always think I am not flossing (I AM!!!!), so I am going on a 7 day journey into oil pulling to see what it can do for me...and better yet, if it would work for you! I have taken a selfie of my mouth (classy I know) and will share the results with you all next Friday morning (my b-day, holla!!). Don't worry, I won't keep ya hanging, I'll be checking in with all ya'll on Sunday/Monday and let you know how it's working so far. Join me on my adventures in oil pulling if you're interested to see what it can do for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment