Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Oatless Oatmeal

I tried this recipe a few years back when I attempted paleo (did not go well, I admire those of you who do it), and I fell IN LOVE. This is seriously better than oatmeal and I wanted to share it with you all because it's clean and healthy!


Ingredients
  • 2 egg whites (I've used just eggs before too)
  • 1/2 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
  • 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
  • 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2-1 banana, mashed (I always use one but it's preference)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Directions
1. Whisk together egg whites, and almond milk in a small bowl.  Stir in ground flax, banana, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend well. Note: Be sure that your banana is very mashed, or else you will have lumpy “oats.”
2. In a small saucepan, warm mixture on low heat, stirring frequently to reach desired oatmeal-like consistency. Approx. 5 minutes.
3. Dress bowl of “oatmeal” with whatever you would usually top your oats with (I usually go with sliced banana, blueberries, a spoonful of nut butter, etc.) and enjoy!
Serves 1

This definitely holds over night so if you double or triple the portions out for two or three days, it is well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment