Monday, December 9, 2013

Ultimate Reset Week 1 Results

Today is day 8 of the Ultimate Reset for me and I am finally feeling like myself again! The past 7 days have truly been challenging and while not super easy, it has not been nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. So I have completed Phase 1, this is what Phase 1 is designed to do for the body:

Phase 1: Reclaim
During the first seven days I began to alter my diet, slowly removing foods like red meat and dairy that put stress on your digestive system and make my body more acidic. I began taking four of the six supplements that make up the Ultimate Reset™ protocol—Alkalinize, Soothe, Mineralize, and Optimize.
In Week One, you'll rehydrate your body and reactivate sluggish cell function, along with shifting your body's pH (level of acidity) back toward a healthier, alkaline state, and away from any excess acidity that can weaken your body's functions.

Once your body has been primed, balanced, and strengthened on a cellular level, it will be primed to continue the process of releasing accumulated toxins.
With this in mind, I must tell you the first 5-6 days were not easy. I woke up with a dull headache most days and felt like I had little to no energy. I would feel a boost of energy when I would drink the mineralized water or eat my meal/snack. There were no carb crashes or sugar highs, which was actually quite nice! I have been drinking about a gallon of water a day. I know that sounds like A TON, but honestly it's not as much as you think. I am hoping that I am able to keep up that much water intake after the reset is over! 

Results: I won't go into specifics because I am saving that for the end of the entire journey but I will tell you as of this AM, I am down 5.6 lbs and 4.25 inches! I am trying to substitute all grains (i.e. brown rice) with quinoa because I am trying to be completely gluten-free by January 1st. This is a choice I have made since I am currently reading the book Grain Brain by David Perlmutter, M.D., if you have not read this book..DO IT NOW!

I am missing Shakeology and my workouts the most. Other than that I haven't had a ton of cravings unless it is sitting in front of me or I walk past it in the grocery store aisles. I am excited to keep my journey going though, I see nothing but positive things ahead!

Don't forget that P90X3 comes out tomorrow! Email me at tabearden@gmail.com to be the first to get your copy when it is released and to reserve a spot in my exclusive X3 challenge group starting January 6th!

Peace Out,
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment