Monday, November 11, 2013

Clean Pumpkin Recipes!

So over the weekend I did some researching because I was feeling very "fall" and was craving pumpkin. The first recipe I tried I found on another Beachbody coach's blog and let me just say, AH-MAZE-ING. If you're a big oatmeal fan like I am, I think you're going to love this:




These overnight oats were amazing the next morning. You can have them either hot or cold, I preferred cold because I was impatient. Here's the recipe:

1 cup of quick oats
1/2 cup of almond or soy milk
1/2 cup of pumpkin puree 
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp of chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp honey
1/2 cup of crushed pecans

Mix together well in a Mason jar and let sit in the refrigerator and then WAHLAH! Enjoy the next morning!


So then Sunday afternoon came and I decided I needed a baked good. So I made PUMPKIN BREAD!!! This was oh so delicious. I would add a tsp of pumpkin spice next time though to give it a little more pumpkin kick

Before:


After:


This recipe makes one loaf, but could easily be doubled.

1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup of organic, pure honey
1 tsp of baking soda
1 cup of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup of olive oil
2 eggs beaten
1/4 cup of water
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp of allspice
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (optional if you want more pumpkin flavor)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, honey, baking soda, and salt together.
Mix oil, pumpkin puree, eggs, water, and spices, and then the dry ingredients. Make sure not to mix too thoroughly and then add in the chopped walnuts.
Put in a 9x5x3 pan that is well buttered.
Bake 45-50 minutes, use a knife or tooth pick and poke the very center of loaf and make sure it comes out completely clean
Let bread cool and enjoy!

Just a reminder that my clean eating and shakeology group starts December 2nd and there are still a few spots left! Email me at tabearden@gmail.com to reserve your spot!

I hope you all enjoy these recipes as much as I did!

Peace Out,
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment